Stop Food Waste Australia is an independent long-term partnership that reduces food waste and food insecurity, drives innovation, and improves the Australian food system’s productivity and resilience. As a vital part of the National Food Waste Strategy, Stop Food Waste Australia’s establishment brings together the people and programs needed to halve food waste in Australia by 2030.
The Fight Food Waste CRC is proud to be a founding partner of Stop Food Waste Australia, along with:
• ACT NoWaste
• Australian Food & Grocery Council
• Australian Food Cold Chain Council
• Australian Institute of Packaging
• Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
• Green Industries South Australia
• National Farmers Federation
• National Retail Association
• New South Wales Environment Protection Authority
• Queensland Department of Environment and Science
• Sustainability Victoria
• Waste and Resource Action Programme (United Kingdom)
• Western Australia Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
The partnership will create real, practical changes like improved packaging and product design and more precise product labelling. We will work to transform surplus food and food processing wastes into new upcycled food products and ingredients, unlocking new value for the industry.
Find out more by visiting the Stop Food Waste Australia website.