OUR PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
PROGRAM 1: REDUCE
Reducing Supply Chain Losses
- Map resource flows, waste and root cause analysis
- Review functions and consumer perceptions of packaging and processing
- Investigate product specific supply chains and identify opportunities
- Investigate methods to increase food donation and measure its social impact
- More efficient supply chain management practice.
- Better understanding by the consumer of the role of packaging in reducing food waste.
- Longer shelf life for food products.
- Lower volumes of food wastage.
- Ability to access new markets for Australian food.
- Less packaging in landfill.
- Additional 20M kg pa of rescued food distributed.
- 2,600 welfare agencies supported.
- Reduction in number of hungry people turned away from welfare agencies.
- $136M pa social return on investment.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and landfill costs.
Program Leader: A/Prof Karli Verghese (RMIT Uni, Melbourne)
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWS TO FIND OUT MORE
PROGRAM 2: TRANSFORM
Transforming Waste Resources
Program Leader: Dr Paul Luckman (Uni of Queensland, Brisbane)
PROGRAM 3: ENGAGE
Education and Behavioural Change
- Educate future industry professionals
- Disseminate industry and skills training
- Develop household and business behaviour change instruments
- Future industry professionals, including at least 30 PhD and 12 Masters graduates in a rapidly growing field.
- New industry training packages and tools.
- Up-skill industry through an extensive extension network involving many peak industry associations and institutes.
- Unite existing household and business food waste behaviour change activities in Australia while learning from the best WRAP (UK) who have saved UK consumers at least £13 billion.