PROGRAM 1: REDUCE
Reducing Supply Chain Losses
- Map resource flows, waste and root cause analysis
- Review functions and consumer perceptions of packaging and processing
- Investigate product specific supply chains and identify opportunities
- Investigate methods to increase food donation and measure its social impact
- More efficient supply chain management practice.
- Better understanding by the consumer of the role of packaging in reducing food waste.
- Longer shelf life for food products.
- Lower volumes of food wastage.
- Ability to access new markets for Australian food.
- Less packaging in landfill.
- Additional 20M kg pa of rescued food distributed.
- 2,600 welfare agencies supported.
- Reduction in number of hungry people turned away from welfare agencies.
- $136M pa social return on investment.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and landfill costs.