PROGRAM 2: TRANSFORM
Transforming Waste Resources
- Identify and prioritise valuable products from waste streams
- Identify technology gaps and process limitations in waste transformation
- Deliver tool kit for optimising technology and feedstock combination choice
- Conduct socio-economic assessment of alternative policy settings
- Innovative new food products from surplus food.
- Health benefits from bioactives and functional foods.
- At least 87 GL of water savings through recovery and reuse.
- At least 30M tonnes in reduced food waste. 5,200 jobs (direct and indirect), most in rural areas.
- $600M reduction of waste produce and waste handling costs.
- A saving of at least 44M tonnes of greenhouse gases emitted over 10 years.